Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Coffee...

So we're not the biggest coffee drinkers on the planet but we're already in love with the 'coffee shop' obsession here in NZ. On every corner there is a coffee shop and they all offer coffees, teas and sweet and savory treats. What's different is that there's no drip coffee to be found. Anywhere. The coffee drinks are all espresso based so every shop has it's own espresso machine going nonstop. All I can say is that they've mastered the art of making foam and it's amazing. I've never had anything like it. For those of you who know me well you're probably wondering why I'm blogging about coffee when I'm obsessed with chai tea. To my great delight (I didn't know if chai would be on the menu here or if it would be any good if it was) the chai here is like nothing I've ever experienced. I never thought I would say it but I am happy to pass up a Starbucks chai (there are three Starbucks close by) for a chai made at one of the other coffee shops. I guess I've just found a new way to enjoy something that I love. :) Tim is more hard core than me and loves the cappuccinos.

No comments:

Post a Comment