Monday, July 30, 2012

Smash Malice vs Comic Slams....

Last weekend we attended the final game of the Richter City Rollerderby season between our very own Smash Malice and a fierce contender, the Comic Slams. With contagious enthusiasm I described the games to a friend and colleague of mine, Alana. Although she hails from Wellington she had never been to rollerderby but always want to go so I invited her (and her boyfriend, Fraser) to come to the game with us. They excitedly agreed and then I wondered, "Hmm, what if they don't like it? I've made such a big deal of it now". Hoping they would have a good time we ventured out to TSB Bank Arena and settled into our seats. The game was nail-bitingly close right until the last few minutes. Along they way Tim and I spent time answering questions and sharing our limited rollerderby knowledge with Alana and Fraser. They had a ball. To my dismay, Comic Slams took the title. All in all it was a great game and all the players displayed tremendous sportsmanship throughout.

As we watched the games this season, on multiple occasions, Tim suggested that I join up. While I'd love to say that I have the guts I don't think I'm tough enough to go toe-to-toe with those ladies. :) I'm happy to sit and take in the action from a safe distance. Looking forward to next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment