Monday, April 16, 2012

Brews...

We recently discovered an interesting, and slightly bizarre, way of buying beer and cider. Back in the US if we went out to buy such items we would bring home a six pack. End of story. Here in NZ you can buy the sixer if you like or you can pick and choose any individual bottles that you want. Think about it for a second. Imagine stepping into a beer chiller (walk in cooler) to see six packs of beer and cider with one or more bottles missing. At first glance I assumed that some surreptitious person had visited the cooler and waltzed away with a few stolen bottles. That's where I was wrong because here you can take any bottle from any sixer and pay for it individually. What?! I've never seen such a thing in the US - if you have please let me know because I'm fairly certain that it doesn't work that way there.  

Once we realized how things worked it became an entertaining sort of game to look through the selection and pick a few favorites. Giddy, I built my own cider 'flight'. Tim gathered a couple beers and we took our mismatched group of bottles home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment