Tuesday, February 7, 2012

We are in the chute....

As I survey the guest room we've been staying in I see piles of stuff. Clothes, sunglasses, power cords for our array of electronic devices, a stack of neatly folded hockey jerseys that will make the trip with us. I've been looking at piles for what seems like months now except the current ones are distinctly different. They. Are. Small. So after packing and sorting and planning and sorting and repacking we are faced with the last few items that are to be stored or packed to go with us.

So here we are with five bags to check and four small bags to carry-on the plane. Perhaps it hasn't quite hit me yet but I feel as though the "narrowing down" process hasn't been too painful. While it's taken more time than I ever imagined it's been good to scrutinize what we have, what we need, what we can give away, what things are really worth saving.

Now we are ready. As ready as we can be. We are excited, nervous and eager to get to our new home (affectionately known as) Windy Welly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment