Thursday, October 3, 2013

Coming home....

After the quick flight we took the train to the first of our two Roman accommodations located in a fun and upbeat neighborhood called Trastevere.


We arrived a few days before Tim's conference started so we had some time to ourselves and therefore had to arrange our own accommodation. I noticed immediately when we were walking from the train station to our hotel that the lush plants, trees and flowers reminded me of my time in Mexico. And so it may be no surprise when I say that after all of our other traveling arriving in Rome was like coming home! This feeling was quickly reinforced as we interacted with people along the way, tried the food and spent time walking around. I actually stopped feeling uncomfortable and this was like taking a much needed breather after being on edge for quite a while. I don't want to give the wrong impression that we didn't enjoy our time in the other locales, because we most definitely did, but there was just something different and so wonderful about Rome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment