Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Thorn Birds.....

That wonderous day when I found out that I had funding for my PhD I went to the bookstore downtown to buy a treat. :) I spent an hour walking around, reading dust jackets, perusing the shelves for the perfect, leisurely read. About the give up and walk home I spotted The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough on the Top 100 list. Considering I had had no luck so far I figured, "Why not?", and picked it up. With no synopsis on the back cover I perched on a low shelf and started to read. Immediately, I knew this was the one. I took it home and have been thoroughly enjoying the epic tale of the Cleary family for the past couple months. For those of you who know my books habits this probably seems like it's taken me eons to finish this book. You're right but to be fair it's 700+ pages and, in my true reading fashion, I have been reading multiple books at the same time. I've been lovingly working through the pile of lit I received for my birthday. :)

So The Thorn Birds - check it out if you're looking for a readable classic. Enjoy and let me know what you think. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment