Tuesday, February 17, 2015

WoW 3......

With cars dancing in my head I backtracked and took a breath before stepping into the WoW gallery. I expected it to be overwhelming - the costumes are known for being beyond over the top- and it was! In the anteroom I found just five costumes but could've spent an hour marvelling at their construction, attention to detail and eery mystique. One featured what could only be described as an infinity scarf made from leaves, berries and twigs. Simply exquisite. Another was all zip ties, a full dress and headpiece. It was then I realized that I was gaping as I examined each costume.





I then stepped into the gallery proper where I was greeted by several stationary costumes set up off the ground. One was made of balloons. None were inflated but rather layered to give a patchwork effect with elaborate bodice and neckline decoration.






From there I turned around and saw a stage stretching across one long wall. On it there was one stationary costume made entirely of metal plating.


Next to her stood five costumes spinning on the biggest lazy susan I've ever seen. They rotated not only around the circle but each around its own center axis giving you an incredible view of the costumes from every angle.



In addition, there was a conveyor belt system mounted on the ceiling that suspended costumes and fed them around in a huge continuous loop at the front of the stage giving the observer an in depth look at the costumes that would be lost if they were displayed in a stationary position. I spent near an hour just watching the costumes rotate around the stage and attempted to take photos. With my phone and the low light of the gallery I captured very few decent snaps. With that said I'm still including these because I want to try and give you an idea of what it was like.







Laslty, there was a separate room illuminated by black light, featuring beautiful glowing costumes. I had to laugh that I was able to take better photos in this very dim room compared to the larger gallery!




Simply stunning! The photos completely FAIL to capture how incredible these costumes are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment