Sunday, July 20, 2014

Boomer....

I've detailed the bizarre culinary options on offer here in NZ: unrecognizable meat substances called "bacon", burgers topped with fried eggs and beat root or pizza crawling with chicken and cranberries. With this in mind it shouldn't have come as a surprise to me that Hell Pizza's latest promo pizza highlights the mostly friendly animosity between Australia and New Zealand. Namely, kangaroo pizza. The billboard below outlines what will happen to the blindfolded marsupial, Boomer, if Kiwi demands are not met.

 

So while I was picking up our pizza and I asked the person who waited on me if The Boomer pizza had real kangaroo meat on it. She smiled back and me and said, "Yeah". This with a slight tinge of "of course it's real kangaroo!". I laughed and said, "So have you tried it? What's it like?". She nodded in the affirmative and said, "Well, I guess it would make you think of steak". At this point I hadn't really thought it through that kangaroo would be red meat. But it is. For all the carnivores out there now you have another red meat option to add to the list that includes (but is not limited to) cow, sheep, ostrich, horse, and buffalo. Oh, NZ, really?!

No comments:

Post a Comment