Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Boxy....

Take a gander at the photo below. What do you think of these things hanging on our bulletin board? What do you think they are? Amazingly, the one in the middle is a greeting card made of two pieces of canvas sown together and painted. The other two comprise the box that protected the card like an envelope would a piece of paper. When I was happily opening the birthday parcel that contained this piece of art I didn't see an "envelope" holding a card and so I didn't find this until halfway through. When I opened the box I knew immediately that I wanted to hang it up because the colors were so beautiful with noticeable brush strokes throughout. And it won't be anytime soon that I get a proper frame for it but I figured why wait? As I was putting things away this afternoon I thought, "You know what? I'm putting this up right now" and then I realized that the box is just as interesting as the card itself so there you have it: a new painted grouping.


No comments:

Post a Comment