Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Quick trick book stack.....

Dr. Seuss is one of my favorite authors. Even as an adult I think his alliterations are brilliant and find enjoyment in reading the books of my childhood. I even have a copy of The Sleep Book, my all-time favorite, here in NZ. So when considering my ever growing Christmas book stack I am sure that Dr. Seuss would call it a "quick trick book stack" or some such thing.

I had to share a photo of this because it is the most random assortment of books I've ever seen. I love that about it! You have art and design books: prints from Georgia O'Keefe and a volume that challenges the artist to complete creative color "experiments" that address a variety of challenges. I'm currently working on the first experiment where I must combine the traditional twelve variation color wheel with a twelve step neutral, black to white, gradation scale. I have lots of ideas but I need to figure out my game plan. Next, I have a Hit Girl graphic novel which is a special treat because these are impossible to find in NZ. Then there is a smattering of fiction like W is for Wasted, Takedown Twenty, The Great Gatsby and I just borrowed Frank McCourt's 'Tis (a follow up to Angela's Ashes).


I also have some new Bill Bryson and Mary Roach on the way. Needless to say, happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment